9/15/08

Remembering 9/11...


The kids and I went to the Tempe Town Lake to see the ceremony given for this day. We missed most of it, but it gave me a chance to talk to my kids about what happened to our country that fateful day. My kids were studying about it in their school classes, so I thought this outing would give them a real eye opener. For having a brother in the military it helps us realize how grateful we are for our families and friends.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Did I miss you guys? I don't remember you coming by! I live right by Tempe Town Lakes! Maybe next time. Funny-I live here and I didn't hear about the 9/11 event. We-Savannah and I-could've met up with you and walked around. Oh well. 9/11 is already part of history, amazing-cuz I always thought history happened before I was born!! Ha ha ha.

nomi said...

Julie!!! I was checking out blogs from Auntie's kids, and there was your name! These blogs are so terrific--I really should learn how to do this. I'm so glad you are posting things about your kids. I'll have to check by often!
Love you! Aunt Nomi

Megan said...

I'm so sorry we missed you guys. I wish you could have found a way to call. We only live a few minutes from the hospital. You could have come to the house. We really didn't expect to be gone already, even the nurses were surprised.